TEACHING ARTISTS NEEDED
Puppetry in Practice (PiP) is currently seeking dynamic teaching artists for its Pre-K to 8th grade programs in various art forms.
Our arts and technology Initiative is seeking to infuse Middle School STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) curriculum with hands-on, arts-based projects ranging from animation, filmmaking, puppetry and/or other digital art tools. Puppetry, performing arts and storytelling programs are designed to create meaningful and innovative works of art utilizing a broad range of mediums. Schools are located in all five boroughs.
- Design and implement high-quality, arts-based programming and lesson plans for multi-week, in-school residencies.
- Work directly with PiP's Education Director as well as school staff to develop age-appropriate projects and activities.
- Document the process and projects with photos and videos throughout the residency.
- Responsible for transporting materials to and from the schools.
- Conduct professional development and teacher training workshops.
- BA required. BFA, MA or MFA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience or related experience
- Experience working in public schools
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Strong classroom-management skills
- Experience teaching multimedia art-making (animation, filmmaking) or visual arts, performance arts and puppetry
- Experience working with English Language Learners a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Flexible work schedule. Times based on school schedule. (8 am-4:30 pm)
E-mail letter of interest, resume and any work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject title: Teaching Artist Applicant